FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 25, 2018
Contact: Alissa Schafer, Southern Alliance for Clean Energy Action Fund, email@example.com, 754-307-7451
Southern Alliance for Clean Energy Action Fund Endorses Bill Nelson for U.S. Senate
TAMPA, Fla. – The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy Action Fund, which works to make clean energy solutions a top priority for our region’s elected leaders, announced today its endorsement of Senator Bill Nelson for re-election to the U.S. Senate. A lifelong Floridian, Senator Nelson remains devoted to protecting Florida’s coasts from the impacts of offshore drilling while working to ensure clean air and clean water for the Sunshine State.
SACE Action Fund’s State Director, Susan Glickman, offered this statement about today’s endorsement:
“Florida is ground zero for the impacts of climate change and sea level rise, so it is critical that we elect leaders who acknowledge the risks and are working toward solutions that will protect our state. For Senator Nelson’s long career he has been a vocal opponent of offshore drilling and will continue to fight to protect our coasts and help us move toward a clean energy future.”
Senator Nelson voiced his gratitude for the endorsement, noting the many key environmental issues Florida currently faces. It’s really important we pay attention to the environmental changes and the results — red tide, green algae, people trying to drill off of our shores, sea level rise,” Nelson said. “It’s important we step up and do our job and vote.”
Florida voting is currently underway with more than 1 million mail-in ballots already returned and early voting in progress for many counties. Election day is Tuesday, November 6.
About Southern Alliance for Clean Energy Action Fund
Southern Alliance for Clean Energy Action Fund (SACE Action Fund) the political arm of the Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE), is a non-partisan, non-profit (c4) organization striving to make clean energy solutions a top priority for our region’s elected leaders. SACE Action Fund engages in public education, legislative action and electoral accountability here in the Southeast.
SACE Action Fund Congressional Scorecards
- 2012 Clean Energy & Climate Action Scorecard
- 2011 Clean Energy & Climate Action Scorecard
- 2009-2010 Clean Energy & Climate Action Scorecard
- 2008 Clean Energy & Climate Action Scorecard
- 2007 Clean Energy & Climate Action Scorecard
Other Resources: Conservation Voter Websites
- League of Conservation Voters
- North Carolina League of Conservation Voters
- Conservation Voters of South Carolina
- Tennessee Conservation Voters
If a candidate has a proven track record in addressing climate change and promoting clean energy, the Southern Alliance for Clean Energy Action Fund may publicly endorse the candidate. To be endorsed, a candidate must meet or exceeded this simple endorsement checklist:
- Does the candidate have voting records or position statements supporting clean energy and climate policies?
- Has the candidate utilized social media or been quoted by media expressing support for clean energy and climate change policies?
- Does the candidate’s website provide a statement in support of clean energy or climate change or list clean energy or climate action policies as a priority?
If you know a candidate you would like to nominate for our consideration, please contact us at jennifer (at) cleanenergyactionfund.org